- We created a video showcasing the COVID-19 countermeasures in place at our hotel. Click here to view it (in Japanese).
- In a workshop led by the Professional Nurses for Infection Prevention and Control (PNIPC), our staff received professional training on the importance of wearing face masks and how to sanitize properly.
- The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan is officially recognized by Osaka prefecture as a hotel complying with all necessary guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19,
The hotel's infection control declaration seal
- At this time, only hotel guests and customers of our restaurant, Akala, are allowed on property.
- A staff member may ask to confirm your reservation upon entering the hotel.
- If you are not feeling well or have a temperature of 37.5°C / 99.5°F and above, we kindly ask that you refrain from visiting The Park Front Hotel.
- All high-touch areas (including elevator buttons, door handles, ballpoint pens, and cash trays) will be disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been set up throughout the property for your convenience.
- Ventilation has been increased throughout enclosed areas, such as the lobby.
- We have removed lounge furniture from the lobby to create more space and minimize overcrowding.
- Designated associates will be stationed in the elevator hall on the lobby floor to manage congestion.
- At this time, parking is limited to hotel guests and restaurant customers only.
Sanitizer dispensers for disinfecting your hands
- These guidelines were established in accordance with employee training conducted by Infectious Disease Control specialists.
- Employees are required to wear face coverings while at work and during the commute between the hotel and their home.
- Upon arrival, all employees and vendors will undergo a wellness screening, which includes temperature checks and a brief health evaluation.
- Staff members must gargle and wash their hands before and during their shift.
- All high-touch surfaces in employee-only areas, such as elevator buttons and lavatory handles, will be disinfected regularly.
- Employees are discouraged from attending nonessential business trips or meetings.
- To maintain proper social distancing among staff, we have adopted a more flexible work schedule.
- Employees with a fever or other changes in their physical health are advised to stay home for 14 days until symptoms subside.
- Social distancing guidelines will be upheld in the employee cafeteria and conversations during mealtime are prohibited.
- Staff members are discouraged from gathering in large groups outside of work.
- Upon check-in, guests will be subject to a wellness screening, which includes temperature checks using an infrared thermometer, a brief health evaluation, and a review of your recent travel history. If deemed necessary, we may move guests to a separate counter for check-in.
- Visitors must disinfect their hands and wear face coverings while in the hotel.
- Luggage can be stored in the coin lockers on the 2nd floor before check-in and check-out (for a refundable fee of ￥100).
- If you start to feel sick after checking in, please notify a staff member.
- After leaving the property, you may need to show your room key in order to re-enter the hotel.
- We ask that guests manage their own trash within the hotel room until check-out. If you are staying for multiple nights, we will clear the trash as part of our room cleaning service.
- Guests are expected to cooperate with the Osaka COVID-19 Tracing System.
- Remember to avoid the 3 Cs to help reduce the spread:
- Closed spaces with poor ventilation
- Crowded areas
- Close contact with others, including close-range conversations.
- Acrylic screens have been installed at the front desk as an extra safeguard.
- Wearing a face shield is recommended in the lobby.
- The luxury check-in counter may be closed in certain situations.
- Upon request, we can provide disposable gloves and cotton swaps (for pressing elevator buttons).
- Pens and cash trays at the front desk will be thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- Assistance to your guest room (including luggage service) is suspended until further notice. Should you need to store luggage before check-in or after check-out, the 2nd floor coin lockers are available for use.
- We have enhanced guest room cleaning procedures with extra attention being paid towards disinfecting high-touch areas such as door handles, light switches, and remote controls.
- Glasses have been replaced with disposable paper cups in the bathroom.
- To minimize risk, memo pads and pens have been removed from guest rooms for the time being.
- If items need to be brought up to your room, we will leave them at the door and notify you by knocking.
- For those booking our Special Occasion plan, please note that we are no longer providing candles with the celebratory cake.
- Concentrated disinfectant spray has been added as a guest amenity (provided at check-in).
- Our Time Travel Concierge kids service has been suspended until further notice.
- Diners will be subject to a temperature check using a contactless thermometer at the entrance of the restaurant. Entry may or may not be allowed depending on the results.
- Lunch service is suspended, but we are open for breakfast and dinner. Our breakfast buffet has reopened as of July 16, 2021.
- Acrylic screens have been installed at the cash register and at all tables as an extra safeguard.
- Service workers are required to wear face coverings and rubber gloves.
- Disposable gloves are available to customers upon request.
- Pens, cash trays, menus, tables, and chairs will be disinfected after each use.
- The layout of the restaurant has been revised based on social distancing guidelines, and we are restricting the total number of guests allowed in the restaurant at a time to 50% of our maximum capacity.
- A carbon dioxide meter has been installed.
Carbon dioxide concentration meter
Acrylic divider at the tables